Monday, May 7, 2012

So along with goal setting we also discussed how we can lose and maintain weight based off of the amount of calories going in and going out.  If you lose at least 300-500 more calories a day "OUT" then what is put "IN";  A person should be able to lose 1-2 lbs. a week.

So based off of the information everyone gave me, your height, weight and the amount of physical activity you are currently doing, will help determine the amount of calories you need to be taking "IN" in order to lose the weight.  We discussed how after you have achieved your goal weight you will need to do the same but adjust the amount of calories you take in everyday. 

The more physically active you are the more calories you will need.  The less active you are the less calories you will need.  It also makes a difference on the size of your body.  The more weight that your body is carrying (based off of your height) the more calories your actually going to need.  Remember that if you are also not giving yourself enough calories your body can go into starvation mode and hold onto the fat being stored in your body also making it difficult for you to lose weight as well.

So find that balance.  It is very essential that you maintain a healthy diet.  Making sure you get a variety of foods from each food group.  Week #2 we are going to discuss physical activity and the important role it has in helping you make life style changes.

3 comments:

  1. I have to admit that eating the amount of calories that were suggested to me is hard to do! All my life I have been told to eat no more than 1500 - 1800 calories if I wanted to lose weight. I like seeing the higher number I was allotted, but it is taking me a while to retrain my brain. I keep repeating to myself "it's OK to eat more" just make sure they are "good" calories :o) Thanks for all your hard work and helping me to reprogram all the stuff that was incorrect and getting me on the right path!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment. Just remember that as your weight decreases so will your calories. We can adjust this as we go along if needed.

    ReplyDelete